Monday, July 11, 2011

2nd Trip Days One and Two

I thought I might have had time to blog when I was home for a week- but I had too much sleeping to do and friends to catch up with! James, Henry and I soaked up as much time together as we could`before I had to leave.
 
On Saturday, July 9th we left to come and bring the babies home!!! James has stayed home with Henry and my sweet friend Megan is accompanying me!! It is such a joy to have her with me! I was so weary after the end of our trip that the thought of climbing on another plane almost had me in tears (no joke). But Megan's heart is so fully of joy and peace that she was just the boost that I needed to keep going. 

On our long flight to Frankfurt I was able to sleep quite a bit, but I mostly listened to worship music that my sweet friend Jamie put together for me (thanks Jamie!). It was just what I needed... my spirit really needed that refreshment and refocusing. I was so tired that I was forgetting the JOY set before me!

As I started reflecting on this journey I was so overwhelmed with God's goodness- adoption has been a dream in my heart for many years. I feel like these children were born in my heart many years before they were born from the womb of their birthmothers. The realization that my dreams are coming true before my eyes is almost overwhelming!
 
 Megan was catching some z's in the Frankfurt airport
the beautiful Dnieper river
Yesterday, Sunday the 10th, was our sweet Betsy Kate's 2nd birthday!!! I'm so sad that I wasn't there to celebrate her on her birthday, but there will be many more celebrations to come!
 
Megan and I did a little wandering around the city last night before we crashed into bed.
 
 The view from our apartment
 These are very typical apartments. No one lives in houses here in the city... and very few seem to live in houses anywhere else. The Soviets built massive block of apartments all over this country.
Something we learned yesterday: the Soviets deemed that all apartment buildings with 5 floors or less did not deserve the use of an elevator-- which explains why we had to haul our luggage up four flights of stairs yesterday!
 Love all of the kitty cats here... this one could be seen from our balcony, taking a kitty bath.
 This neighbor's balcony made me giggle... there is a Christmas tree out there. The uphill street in the background is all cobblestones.
 Megan and I had fun soaking our tired feet in the fountains.

 Notice the little girl on the far right in the fountain? She was adorable! I love how everyone here wades in the fountains to cool off!
 Megan in Independence Square
We had fun walking around... and today we plan to do a little more exploring before we board the train tonight... but mostly what is occupying my mind is the thought of seeing these sweet faces again:

 

6 comments:

  1. Ahhh, thinking of you and praying for your sweet journey! It will be one that you never forget! We are so excited to meet your new little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So amazing, exciting, and wonderful!! Praying for you as you continue on this journey, and that you would be filled with His JOY and PEACE all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Granny Pat is keeping the West Coast family up to date--she was so happy to see James and Henry and looking forward to meeting the newest members of the family.

    I keep thinking of a favorite quote: "Our family is a circle of strength and love. With every birth and every union, the circle grows. Every joy shared adds more love. Every crisis faced together makes the circle stronger."

    Stay safe, girls. Can't wait to see pictures of the whole family together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so excited for you!!! Hey jsut a heads up, our little guy came home with strep throat. Since they were in the same group and such you might want to to be on the look out for that. Cant wait to see more pictures of gottcha day.~ Trina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isaac and I are heading to OK in the morning!! I am SO looking forward to seeing everyone. Love the photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the soviets built the big apartment buildings for efficiency. Personally, I liked it. You could walk most anywhere or take a bus, because the towns were so compact. Here in the States, it's hopeless without a car and I don't like that.

    ReplyDelete